and so I write. Plus, again, I am bored at work. The men have all left and although I'm not sure where they went, I heard something about golf. This is not a surprise. Gavin left, too, though, and he can't be playing golf. He has to go to the stupid basketball game tonight.
Anyway, I refuse to focus on things that I'm not happy about today. Which should be difficult because that leaves me with very little to write about. I spent most of my day reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". I am almost done with it and will probably finish it on Tuesday, when I come back to work. I also spent some of the day pricing out the cost of redecorating the bathroom in the cool rubber duckie theme (either the pink/blue and brown depending on the outcome Thursday). It's going to cost me less than $200 for everything, so that's nice.
I am going to rush out of here in about 21 minutes, maybe less if I'm feeling adventurous, since no one else is here. I have to do 10,000 things before tonight and I told some friends that I would meet them at Stars for poker tonight. I don't REALLY want to do anything at all tonight, but I also get too scared to sit at home alone. And, since I don't have to work tomorrow and since David has to go to this stupid basketball game, then I will go.
I guess I may as well focus on the one thing that's really making me unhappy today or I won't be able to get past it, it seems. I'm slightly angry that David is going to this basketball game. There are two reasons. The first one was more the straw that broke the camel's back (a superfluous reason, but still important). I think it's really crappy that David was so against me going and doing something tonight. I told him that since he was going out and I don't like to be scared at home alone, I was going out, too. He couldn't seem to understand why I wouldn't want to sit around the house and wait on him to get home. Well, guess what Ward, June's going out. I'm so tired of being the one who just sits there waiting for him. I refuse to do it any longer. It's not as though I'll be drinking and driving or any other dangerous thing he might have to worry about. The second reason, and the thing that really bothers me...and when I say "bother" I mean it in the sense that it truly eats at me. It's just been taking tiny little nibbles at me all day and slowly I feel like I'm going crazy. The second reason is that he made a comment about how "this basketball game will be a wonderful excuse for him to spend time with his dad". Good for him. Good for them, really. Spending quality time with the people you care about is important. I KNOW THIS. THIS is what I've been trying to tell him for over a month now. THIS is what I started hinting at, then began blatantly saying to him, then began crying over. THIS is what I have noticed absolutely no change in the entire time I've been asking for change. And, I know, we're going away for the weekend. But, that makes me almost want to cry because that's our anniversary. It's a special occasion. It's not like he just decided to WANT to spend time with me and then did. He has to...it's a prerequisite of marriage. And, after this weekend, things will go back to the way they have been...which makes me very sad. But, I should be happy that he's even agreed to this weekend. And, "he's even going to turn his phone off". I'm such a lucky girl! To be honest, I don't even believe that will happen. The addiction to Mafia Wars is strong enough to ruin our marriage, why wouldn't it be strong enough to make him break one small promise?
And, scene...wouldn't that make a great audition for a movie entitled "Whiny bitch of a wife does nothing, but nag"? Good alliteration in the title, too. So, these are days of my life. Great, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww... I hope you had a great time last night and I pray that you have an even better time this weekend. Maybe during the nice quality time in the Hill Country it will sink it for him... and again, you can always come hang out when you are alone. I know I am not all that exciting, but the offer stands :)
ReplyDelete